Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Sunday, November 29, 2009
The sentiment analysis is based on a knowledge base and a simple lexical analyser. The analyser returns a global rating of the sentiment in the text and extracts each sentence expressing a sentiment.
This program runs under Linux and FreeBSD and is available on sourceforge:
In present time, only English and French languages are implemented. There are two only dictionaries: keyworder.en.dicE and keyworder.fr.dicE in the package (pack 1.42); they are very incomplete and contain only 80 words expressing a sentiment. I will explain in another post how to complete these dictionaries.
Sunday, October 18, 2009
ImagEmovie 0.8 code source and debian package are available on Sourceforge.
Monday, September 7, 2009
The is basic web site about ImagEmovie, providing some explanations how to install the packages or how to use the Ken Burns effects: http://imagemovie.sourceforge.net/
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Saturday, July 25, 2009
The program is available in sourceforge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/imagemovie/
It's possible to add transition between two pictures, insert animated text and perhaps the most interesting, it the possibility to zoom and pan along the picture with the Ken Burns effect.
You can view an example of video posted on youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQlLqhJxtO4
ImagEmovie requires GTK, Cairo, FFMPEG and SOX
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
- The linear classifier use the perceptron method.
- The summarizer uses its past experiences to select the best summarizing method.
The webpage: http://texlexan.sourceforge.net
Thursday, April 2, 2009
The deadwood expressions and some adverbs fill the text of unnecessary words. They can be removed without a significant lost of information. Sentences between brackets provide some extra information / explanations; but the redundancy they give are not necessary in a summary.
- The next version of the summarizer TexLexan will include a function to replace the dead wood expressions with single word or simplified expressions. The result will not extraordinary in term of compression (about 5 to 10%) but will make the summaries easier to read.
- The sentences between brackets will be suppressed too.
- Some combinations of adverbs or adjectives will simplified. For instance, the adverb 'very' can be often omited without changing the meaning of a sentence.
Monday, March 30, 2009
It's pretty simple to use: Open TexLexAn, you will have a small window in the top of your desktop, and from your web browser (Firefox, Opera...) just drag'n drop the link into TexLexAn, click OK and wait a couple of second to couple of minutes (it's depending of the size of page to download) to get a summary (extracts more precisely) of the page.
TexLexAn summarizes text, html, doc, pdf, ppt and odt documents (doc,pdf,ppt and odt and requires the small programs antiword, pdftotext, ppthtml and odt2txt).
- About the TexLexAn project in French, go here: http://sansmicrosoft.canalblog.com/archives/2009/03/30/13190006.html
- You can download the program there: http://sourceforge.net/projects/texlexan/
Monday, January 26, 2009
Look at the screenshoots: